Today I'm getting my hair done and so I decided to do some research to see if coloring my hair would be safe for the baby. I know Lot had done it a few times during her pregnancy, so I figured it would be OK... but still, doesn't hurt to see what the world wide web says. Well, on Baby Center, it pretty much says that it's safe and also goes to the length of saying highlights maybe even safer than straight up coloring because it doesn't actually touch the scalp .... Anyway, there are hella comments/responses with everyone's experience and their own personal opinions and I found this one that I thought was kinda hilarious:
I had my first child in 1993. At the time I was 22 and traveling worldwide as a runway model for Matrix Essentials (hair color company). Not only was my hair colored at every show about every two weeks but I was backstage where I ended up inhaling chemicals that made me worry. I stopped modeling at 5 months pregnant. My son will be 14 next week and is not only perfectly healthy but a genius who took the college SAT at 12 years old scoring in the top 25% of graduating high school seniors. Maybe coloring your hair while pregnant produces genius. I figured my statement is ridiculous as stating that doing the one thing that will help boost your spirits during pregnancy will harm your forthcoming child.
O to the freakin A .... SAH-WEAR you gotta bring up your your son's SAT scores!! And excuse me Miss Matrix model who dyes her hair every two weeks! LMAO.
1 comment:
i dyed my hair when i was pregnant with Hannah..i must have grown it out about 2 inches before i did though, just to be safe :)
Post a Comment