When Jason and I first found out we were having a baby it was a few days before my 30th.... I was only a week late, but I was in denial that I could be pregnant. Maybe it was just me trying to not set myself up for dissapointment. Well, when I took the test, it said "YES+" so I was definitely pregnant, but still.... even then.... I was doubtful.... I was scared that the worst would happen again and I would have another miscarriage.....Weeks went by and at 7 weeks we had our first doctor's appointment and that's when it hit me... I WAS FRIKKIN PREGNANT. As soon as she did the ultrasound and I heard the heartbeat, I was like "THANK YOU GOD" The baby is in there..... My fear was that the doctor was going to do the ultrasound and find nothing like the last time.... but sure enough, there was something there... WITH A HEARTBEAT. And what made me even more relieved was that my doctor said "Once you hear the heartbeat, your chances of having a miscarriage are 2%." 2%!!!! I FELT so much better after that.....
But then weeks went by... and I was still worried... it was more because of the symptoms I WASN'T feeling like any normal pregnant woman would feel... No nausea, no vomiting, not even frequent pee-ing, no food aversions or strong sense of smell... NOTHING. I was beginning to think that there was something wrong with me. Seriously. I just kept praying and saying to myself - as long as I'm not getting any bad symptoms (bleeding, etc.) there should be nothing to worry about... I AM FINE and the baby's FINE.... I kept needing to tell myself that over and over again just to reassure myself.....
So finally at 11 weeks, we get our 2nd appointment and she does the ultrasound again, and we see the baby ... and this time a lot bigger (1 cm vs. 4.49 cm)!! And although we didn't get to hear the baby's heartbeat again this time, as she pushed that ultrasound tool on my stomach, we actually got to see the baby's arms flailing around! Jason and I were like "OMG! Is that the baby's hands moving?!?" We were totally amazed and completely overjoyed... my eyes were tearing so much I could barely see, and my eyeliner was getting into my eyes I had to squint! I came out of that appointment feeling so different about the pregnancy...and finally excited...
We're having a baby!!! Yaaaaaaaay!
For pics on the ultrasound and a video of Jason's mom's reaction, see Jason's blog :)
5 comments:
congrats dude! we're so happy for the both of you!
congratulations joy and jason!
CONGRATS JOY!!!! ;)
congratulations to you!!
Post a Comment