12/31/2008

2008 & 2009

Today I decided to look back at my old blog post on what my 2008 New Years Resolutions would be and I found that I accomplished like 30% of it.... It was actually kinda depressing to look back at what I WANTED to do and realizing that I hadn't accomplished at least half of it! Here's the update to my 2008 goals:

1. Get back into dancing

I got asked to do NSM's 10 year reunion and for the two weekends that they would be having shows, they ended up cancelling the weekend that I was going to perform...They just didn't have the budget to do two weekends and I couldn't do the other weekend because I was going to Europe. They didn't even tell me until a month later when I was hella waiting for them to call me for the next rehearsal!! After that, I never got motivated to go back to the studio.

2. Work out more often (3 times a week)

FAILED. I haven't worked out since summer time. I seriously need to get back into it for 2009!!! My belly ain't kicken!


3. Take a wine & cheese class at Cheese School of SF

Yeah - this has been my second attempt to put this into my NYR and I have not had the chance to schedule this.... Hopefully I can accomplish this in 2009! Third times a charm...


4. Take a cooking class at Williams Sonoma

Hahaha. FAILED again.... I keep forgetting that we could use our giftcards to take cooking lessons at Williams Sonoma. We keep thinking we need to use it to purchase something whenever we go into the store!!

5. Get back into ballroom dancing with Jason

Yeah....we just got WAAAAAY too busy this year to even pencil this in.


6. Read 15 books this year

FINALLY... something I accomplished and totally surpassed. I read 25+ books this year!!

7. Travel to 3 places I’ve never been to

Spain, Malta & Monaco!!!


8. Try to have a baby

This is probably the most depressing... Not that it should've been a goal to get done by the end of the year or that we're in a rush, cuz we're so not, but we did actually try late this year and had a miscarriage... It's been hard to really talk about, but I have been able to talk about it with a few people and those people have been really supportive and positive.... Hopefully good things will come for me and Jason next year.....

9. Go to Hawaii

I really wanted to go to Hawaii for our 1 year, but it didn't pan out because we just didn't have enough vacay or mula to go..... Hopefully we can do this early 2009.


10. Get carpet shampooed & chimney cleaned!

Nope, but now that Archie's moved out, it's definitely a perfect time to get our carpets shampooed.


11. Save money!!

I didn't realize we actually saved a lot of money until I looked at what our balance was at the end of 2007... Tax refunds are the best! We totally could've saved more though.... Oh well... Hopefully we'll get a lot back for 2009 and hopefully we can continue to save money with Archie being gone!!

12. Try 5 different restaurants this year

Red Lantern (Redwood City), The Breakfast Club (Monterey), Poleng (SF), Satomi (Fremont), Poleng (SF)


So yeah.... so much for creating this list that SO did not get accomplished! LOL. I'm not going to depress myself about it.... Shit happens and you just gotta move forward. I just need to think POSITIVE, BE HAPPY and PRAY that 2009 will bring good things, good health and good times!! So with that said...... here is my list for 2009:

1. Work out at least 2 times a week (we'll see how long this lasts!) and/or maybe get back into Yoga
2. Travel out of the country (somewhere in Asia)
3. Go to Miami or Hawaii!
4. SAVE MONEY (totally does not go hand in hand with goal #2 or #3)
5. Spend less on luxury (massages, facials, designer whatever)
6. Learn 3 new dishes to cook
7. Try out 5 new restaurants
8. Read at least 15 books and join a book club!
9. Find 3 more ways to be more GREEN
10. Pay off my Car!
11. Learn how to swim (so lame)
12. Find an activity that Jason and I can do (Ballroom dancing, tennis, etc.)
13. Make albums for our honeymoon and 2008 (I already have a feeling this won't get accomplished, haha)
14. Decorate the extra room
15. Take a class (could be anything... cooking, sewing, cheese, wine)

We'll see what happens with this list, hahaha. MUN! Hella goals to achieve! I just gotta be positive. "I think I can, I think I can...." LOL

Happy New Year to everyone!!!!! I wish all of you the best for 2009!!! CHEERS!!!!!

5 comments:

Gee said...

I like your list!.. At least you accomplished something this year. Better than nothing. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!. -sharon

Gee said...

learn how to swim..LOL..this summer - G

mdtimbang said...

sad to hear about number 8.

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks for the post. I'm serious about working out with you and get your fitness goals handled. Also, consider checking out the yoga scene in SF, even if its once a week. It's like no other. Let's discuss soon... I promise not to talk about silver colloidals, haha.

dawn marie said...

13. Make albums for our honeymoon and 2008 (I already have a feeling this won't get accomplished, haha)

dude...i need to start Hannah's baby album, so if you want to have a scrapbooking party...let me know!