"Like food, makeup has an expiration date, and over time cosmetics can harbor harmful bacteria that can lead to infections," states Dr. David Schlessinger, a board-certified oculoplastic surgeon and ophthalmologist, and Medical Director of Schlessinger Eye & Face. "The risks are multiplied when these products are shared among friends."
Check out the dates below and find out when you should toss your makeup stash.
Expiration Dates - beginning from the time you first open these products
- Powders and shadows: 2 years
- Cream Shadows: 12-18 months
- Foundation: 1 year
- Lipstick & Lipliner: 1 year
- Mascara & Eyeliners: 3 months
- Makeup Brushes: Clean Weekly using a mild detergent
- Makeup Sponges: Replace Weekly, or when sponge becomes soiled
2 comments:
I dont know if you still use MAC products, but remember to exchange your empty or MAC products you don't use for a FREE lipstick. I think 6 empty products. If you don't like to use MAC lipstick, can I just have your expired products??
Post a Comment