CloverI read this book for the book club that I'm in and it was BORRRRRING... Funny, cuz when I went to the meeting last Monday everyone said they liked it. HMMM.. Either 1.) I just don't have the same taste as them or 2.) They're all lying and don't want to hurt Ev's feelings (the person that chose the book). Hahaha. I'm assuming #2 because Noi didn't like it either, we just didn't flat out say it, LOL... So much for expressing your feelings about the book!!! LOL. Anyway, the book was OK... I can't say I hated it because I actually finished it. It was a very easy short read, there just wasn't any action or suspense or climax to it. The book is about a 10 year black girl whos father dies and she's left with his caucasian wife who he just married shortly before his death.... You'd think in the end, they'd become bestfriends or something but that's not how it ends... It just .... ends.... No happily ever after kinda feeling. It was weird. But yeah, you won't catch me reading THIS again. Good thing I borrowed this from one of the book club members!

Skinny Bitch
Rose recommended this book and I decided to choose this book as part of a virtual book club that I'm trying to put together, hahaha (if it even follows through). Anyway, despite the fact that it wasn't a novel, it was still a good book!! It was a total eye opener and a reality check to what we eat!!! It wasn't so much about being skinny, per se. It was more about what goes into our food and especially about animal cruelty. What amazed me the most in this book was how aspartame and BGH got approved in the US. CAH-RAZY! Note to self - don't trust the USDA or the FDA. They are pretty much worthless when it comes to making our food safe. It's already a given based on what's currently going on right now with peanut butter!!! To be honest though, after all that's been said and done with animal cruelty, I would still keep eating meat... SORRY!!! So bad, but I am just NOT a FAN of veggies!!! UGH!! LOL... So yeah - unfortunately, the book hasn't convinced me enough, but it was still a good book and I've definitely changed some of my habits because of it (just not meat...LOL).
No comments:
Post a Comment