For our last Dine About Town, we tried Hana Zen with Mike, Lani, Fred and Evelyn.... I wouldn't even count this as a DAT dinner because none of us ordered off the DAT menu!!! They didn't even really HAVE a Dine About Town menu; they pretty much took the combo dinner off their menu and called it their Dine About Town special.. CHEATERS! So yeah, we ended up trying other things that were a bit cheaper than the combo dinner. We failed to try their special -- yakitori. Moded. We should've, but I guess we didn't really know that was what they were known for until AFTER when the owner came to talk to us. The food overall was ALRIGHT. I've had better chicken teriyaki elsewhere. I definitely wouldn't drive all the way to SF for this spot, that's for sure. The one great thing that came out of the night was free icecream and a SUPER nice owner. He came by and chatted with us for a WHILE... and later, he even brought his wife over to introduce us (she is from Cebu and so they were both telling us their last trip to Bohol). They were so nice that I felt soo bad for not liking the food, hahaha. Oh well....
It was still a good night.... The food was decent and we got to see Evelyn! Finally! I was beginning to think we wouldn't see her until Lil' Freddie would be born, haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment