1/28/2009

Spruce & Wicked

Last night we went to Spruce for dinner.... No, we didn't go for DAT... This time it was Jan's treat as our Xmas gift (Jason's boss) along with tickets to watch Wicked afterwards. The restaurant was super classy. It was really REALLY nice. They actually put us in a private room that was at the very front of the restaurant so we had a big window and a long table (with chiavari chairs!) for 18 of us. Oh, and the private room had a fireplace.... it was sooo nice. Anyway, I had some beet salad. Never had beets before and it was ehhh. OK.... But the entree.... OH THE ENTREE!! It was delicious! I had the sole with dungeoness crab and it was over some sauce that had this lemon buttery flavor. It was soooo good, but just so small in portion. I finished it all and I could've totally had seconds! For dessert we had this trio of desserts. My fave of the three was the creme brulee OF COURSE. I ate two since Jason gave me his =) (whoohoo!)... Aside from all the food, we kept drinking red wine (rioja)... OH mann, everytime I kept taking a sip, they kept re-filling my glass... She must've re-filled it more than 8 times... The glass was never empty.. We all must've killed at least 8 bottles.. It was fun... got me faded while watching Wicked, but FUN. hahaha. I LOVE that place just for the entree that I had and the atmosphere... I already want to go back =)

Afterwards, we took a cab to the Orpheum to watch Wicked... We made it just in time! We had orchestra seats which was great because I think the first time we watched Wicked we had balcony seats.... and WOW was it different from watching it in a different view!!! I felt like I missed a lot of detail the last time I watched it!! The musical was just great.. The girl playing elphaba (sp?) who was the understudy was sooooo soooo good.. Her singing was just beautiful and the girl who played Glinda was perfect.. She was hilarious. I JUST LOVED IT. This is seriously my favorite musical... I love the story line....

Now if I could just read the book! UGGH........ I hate that I can't get into it!! It makes me feel dumb, LOL.... I'll just try again... third times a charm!

1 comment:

Trina said...

The original book "Wicked" is actually a really tough read. Don't feel bad. So much of the story was changed for the musical - they really lightened it up, and made it much more mainstream.