Originally our plan was to try Destinos for DAT, but reservations got screwed up and our party of 8 became a party of 4, so we decided to try Chez Papa Resto. The reviews on Yelp were pretty positive so I was pretty excited to try this place out even though I wasn't a huge fan of french food... And WOW were those Yelpers right!! The place was awesome, both on food and decor! For my first course, I had butternut squash ravioli (it was called something else, but it was pretty much ravioli) that was friggin TO DIE FOR. I only got like 5 but I could've had hella more.... For my second course, I had pork tenderloin and it was pretty tender. The sauce was good and the mushrooms that accompanied the tenderloin were yummy, too! Then for dessert, I had these little profiteroles. They were HELLA GOOD. The size of the profiterole was PERFECT. Just enough to get you satisfied but not super full. As for the ambience, I LOVED IT. The chandeliers (as what everyone keeps talking about on Yelp) were beautiful and all the decor (the cool walls) and the colors (black/gray and rusty orange) were just really cool.. The only thing was that the place was pretty small so with hella people inside, it was pretty loud.... Oh! I also tried some kumquat caipirinha (sp?) and YUM, it was frikkin delicious. I had two cuz we just got in time for happy hour so cocktails were $6 (vs. $10). SCORE!
Overall, it was a great DAT experience!! Totally worth the $35!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment