"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." - Buddha
1/21/2009
First Book Club Meeting
Last Monday I had my first book club meeting.. I'd never met any of these girls before as I was invited by my cousin to join this group, so I was a little bit nervous. Anyway, there were 7 people who came to the meeting to discuss A Thousand Splendid Suns. Jamie (who picked the book) provided the snacks and Evelyn hosted (I guess she always hosts the meetings cuz she has the biggest house). Evelyn lives all the way up in the hills in Danville.... frikkin HELLA scary to drive up there cuz the road is HELLA narrow and windy and there are no lights AT ALL.... Anyway, her house is PHAT!! Like freakin HELLA PHAT and she has a wine cellar that holds 1,000 wine bottles. OH MUN! Anyway, we had a great discussion about the book! It was such a diverse group! Evelyn is 61 and I'm probably the youngest but not by far, with the majority (it seems like) ranging from 30 to 35... Even though I was a newbie, I actually felt like I fit right in!!! I'm excited to know more about these women and to read more books with them!!! Hopefully I can keep up!! Apparently there are 11 women who are a part of this book club, but I guess not everyone goes to all the meetings or finishes the books. Everyone gets to choose a book at some point and I think my turn to choose is in July... HELLA days from now!! LOL... Anyway, I'm excited! Our next book is Clover.... Evelyn purchased the book for all of us... HELLA GOOD!!! It's a small thin book so hopefully I can get it done and have some time read one of my other books that I've been wanting to read on my bedside table! MUN.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment