10/12/2008

We're Baaaaaack

We're baaaack... Although it feels really great to be back in our own bed and at home (almost unpacked), it REALLY sucks going back to reality. Especially with having to go back to work and having to pay the bills and all. Two weeks out of country was a really GOOD break to be away from everything... From work, from paying bills, from monotony, and even from just from being on the cell phone and constant email and internet... It was just a nice break from EVERYTHING.

Our last part of the trip was so fast paced. We were faced with time and with a constant rush of getting in and out of one city to another, but the cruise... Oh mann, for the first seven days of our trip, I rarely knew what time it was and I totally lost track of what day it was. It was a really nice LONG 7 days and it felt GOOD.

During the cruise we visited Malta, Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, Florence, Pisa, Rome, Nice and Monaco..Then on our land tour we went to Bilbao, Lourdes, Burgos, Carcassone, Estella, Logrono, Madrid and Barcelona... It was an insane amount of cities to explore all in 2 weeks and a total overload on learning about the history of each place. By Madrid, I was totally over and done with paying attention to the tour guide (also because he was boring and I wanted to shop instead, haha).

There were some pros and cons to the trip (which I will blog about seperately), but overall the trip was great. The ride back had - as Ge would call it - Write your will kinda turbulence, haha... So after experiencing that, I'm grateful to have made it back, even though I don't really want to be back, haha...

No comments: