7/30/2008

Couch Surfing

A while back, I heard about this website called Couch Surfing on the radio. It's a pretty interesting concept; I'm just not sure I'd use it myself. The title pretty much describes the purpose of the website. You can basically search for a free couch to sleep on or people to hang out with almost anywhere in the world! Pretty crazy!

This is what Couch Surfing's website says...

"CouchSurfing is about participating in change. We make a better world by opening our homes, our hearts, and our lives. We open our minds and welcome the knowledge cultural exchange makes available. In sharing important moments, deep and meaningful connections cross oceans, continents and cultures. The friendships made through CouchSurfing enhance members' lives and contribute greatly to making the world a better, safer, more peaceful place."

Kudos to all the people who lend their couches to strangers... That's friggin brave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Markie and I are gonna try this out. Hopefully the folks are down to show us the cool spots in their 'hoods. Will let you know how it turns out. Ya digg!