5/07/2008

Marisa De Los Santos

After reading 14 chapters of Love Walked In, I finally realized that
the author, Marisa De Los Santos, is a Filipino American Author!! All of
a sudden (I won't say why cuz then I'll ruin the story) they started
talking about pancit, bibingka and blessing elders by the hand, and I
was like "WTH? Is this a Filipino Author?" Sure enough, after Googling,
it turns out that she's a Filipino American author and her roots are
from Cebu City... Whoohoo! So yeah, once I read all that, it got me all
hella hype about the book, hahahah... It was like I was craving to read
more references to Filipinos, hahaha....

Anyway, this book is really good... It took a while for me to get into,
but once I hit chapter 9, it's gone full speed from there. I've been up
late for the past couple days just so that I can read this book. The
only thing that I don't really care for in the book is all the
references to old movies, like the Casablanca kind and so it's hard to
relate... But still, it's really good.

I think Marisa De Los Santos has a new book out on hardcover... I'm
hella gonna buy it to support Filipino authors!!!! Uuuuahhh.

1 comment:

dawn marie said...

OMG...you crack me up! i should totally read this book.