5/04/2008

Book Nerd Update

1. Thanks to Marissa I joined Paperbackswap! It's this online tool that allows you to swap books with other Paperbackswap members. You have to post at least ten books and once someone requests a book from you, you get credit to request a book from someone else! All you gotta do is basically pay for shipping for the book you send out. It's totally awesome, you just can only post books you're willing to give up for good. I had a hard time choosing, but I was able to find at least 12, phew!

2. Thanks to Archie, I went buckwild at Borders and stocked up on some books! Also, thanks to Edelee, I found my next book to read, Next Thing on My List! I'm really excited to read this book because I've heard good reviews on it.

3. I also bought Big Green Purse which is a book about going green and purchasing "green" while also trying to consume less at the same time. I've read the first chapter and it's pretty interesting. I'll be posting tips as I read along =)

One of the things I learned - not from this book, but from another Green book - is that you can opt out of getting junk mail from credit card companies by going to Opt Out Prescreen and signing up to opt out for five years or permanently. This would save a lot of paper!! When I read this at Borders, I was like ..."Oooh, note to self. I'm doing this when I get home!" LOL

So yeah, it's done! One more thing I can put on my list of things I've done to go Green!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I see that Three Cups a Tea is on your "wish list". You can have my book. I'll just borrow it from you when I feel like reading it.

Edelee said...

I hope you like the book. It's one of my favorite so far. Did you see I have my Google Library now too?! I finally set it up!