5/08/2006

the smell

Ever since my department moved into the new building I've been noticing this odd smell. And whats wierd is that I only smell it when I come back from the cafeteria from lunch. I smell it as I enter from the back stairway and I've been smelling this odor for hella days already!!! I mean its a new building, so it could potentially be a new building smell... but what if its not? What if its a hazardous chemical smell? I just remember in our old building before you walk up the back stairway you would pass by this itty bitty room with a sign that said there were hazardous cancerous chemicals inside... What if that is what the smell is? OH MUN. I'm overanalyzing dude. It's just wierd that I enter through that backway in the morning, yet I only smell it when I come back the same way after lunch.... ?? ODD. Anyways, I put a call into our facilities department for them to investigate.. We'll see what it is.

In my old job, I was on this project, but it was a project where we didn't go work onsite. Instead we worked at our home base in S.F. It turned out that the business office (where we would've worked at) had a few reps that had cancer. Forgot what kind... I think breast cancer. The department found it very odd that there was this trend of reps getting breast cancer. Well, OSHPD came out to investigate, and they found nothing in the business office building that would cause this trend to occur. Apparently it was just coincidence that a bunch of women were getting breast cancer in the same dept. Anyways, my old job decided to be safe and just work offsite, even if OSHPD came with that conclusion... Pretty scary.

weekend
GREAT. So chill. So slow. It was exactly what I needed.

Sat - Jogged at The Lakes w/ Jason. I swear that neighborhood is my dream neighborhood. Afterwards, we went to check out this Falafel Drive-In in San Jose. Jason heard about it on "Eye on the Bay" so we went there to try our very first Falafel sandwiches. It was pretty good. We both didn't know what the hell we were eating until we got home and researched what a Falafel consisted of. Hahaha.. moded. After that, we went to a family party... And after that, we hung out with my cousins and I got to sport my new bowling shoes at Mowry Lanes.. heeey!

Sun - Went to church and saw University of Philippines Choir perform. They were so good that we ended up buying tickets to see them perform at Logan. DUDE. I have not stepped foot in that Pavillion in hella days! We must've seen all the filipinos in the Une that day. It was actually a REALLY good performance. Very impressive. It makes Me want to become a singer.. hahaha.. uuahh..

you should be proud
SIX days in counting and we are still on a roll with our morning breakfast and evening work outs!!! Someone told me it takes 2 weeks to get used to a habit so if anything, we need to just tough it out this week (waking up in the morning) and we'll be okay afterwards... We'll see! It's so hard!!!!

current crave
Now that its not tangerine season, I've taken up on a new fruit (btw, I'm still drinking Vita Water.. hahah) -- GRAPEFRUIT. They're so good w/ salt. I try to eat one for breakfast and after dinner or after working out. I've heard that it can burn fat away, but not sure if there is scientific evidence to prove it.... All I know is that its better than snacking on sweets or junk food!

No comments: