5/09/2006

the smell update

response from Facilities:

Hello Joy,
I came by again this afternoon with my Director, who also smells something over there. We have checked all of the surrounding rooms to all of these areas with nothing out of the ordinary. The main smell seems to be in the carpeted areas. This is usually the glue for the carpeting. I also noticed a smell in the back stairwelll, but recognize it to be stale air. I will keep checking periodically to see if it changes.

Hmmm... at least they're looking into it! The director's wife actually works in the building, so I'm sure they'll be on top of investigating this smell! hahaha...

salary survey
I'm conducting this Salary Survey in this Association that I'm in. It's an association of all my colleagues in the Bay Area. Anyways, I'm pretty much done with the actual Survey so I'll be sending it out soon. I just think it'll be so wierd knowing everyone's salaries and what'll be more awkward will be knowing my coworkers' salaries. Everyone else will be anonymous (although I could probably figure it out based on the rest of the questions) by mailing it back to me without a return address ( I think). But how will my coworkers make theirs anonymous? I don't know. I feel like I shouldn't be the one putting the study together. But oh well! It'll be kind of exciting! I mean, really, it doesn't matter because everyone in the group has like 10+ years on me... with the exception of my friend Brian, but we already both know what each other makes. hahaha..

I was watching Good Morning America one time and they talked about WHY salaries are so secretive.... They said that the reason being is because it creates a competitiveness. But I've also heard that making your salary known to your friends/colleagues is healthy. It creates self confidence. I think it can go either way. If it helps a colleague of mine get the salary he deserves, then I'll disclose it to him/her. It doesn't matter to me. That's why Brian and I have shared our salaries.. It's totally not a competitive thing.. I know he has more experience than me and that he deserves more than what I'm getting so it only benefits him to know that he should, at the very least, get the salary that I have... and by golly, he did. haha.

No comments: