4/05/2006

invisalign update

I'm still researching. I need to get my filling and my crown done before I can actually get it, so I still have time.. I have 2 more consultations and then I can figure out what I want to do. I'm not 100% sure that I'm going to get it. Maybe 85%. It's just that it would be nice to not have to pay monthlies. Plus, that money can go towards other things, like a new stove and microwave, or a trip to hawaii, or just my savings... I'm still debating. I'm getting 50/50 responses on whether I should get it or not... We'll see.

Last Friday, I went to my 2nd consultation. I went to this place because his website said I could get $1,000 off Invisalign. Well, it turns out that his normal price is $6800, so less $1000 would be $5800, $1000 more than the first dental office!!! So then, he asks me what my insurance is and I told him. I already knew he wasn't in my network. He asked me if I could switch, and I said I could. He then told me that he would give me another $1000 off (actually first he said $200, then increased it to $1000) if I switched to an insurance that he accepted since they could pay for my cleanings. I told him that I would think about it, and as I was ready to leave, he said, even if I didn't switch insurances, he would still give me $2000 off, which now makes his price $95 less than the first dental office. HAHAHA... I feel like I'm shopping for cars.

No comments: