4/11/2006

Back to life.... Back to reality...

I'm back..... back to reality that is. UGGH. Right when I got to work, I had to totally situate myself.. Organize the overflow of emails and figure out where I left off with all my projects. So overwhelming..

But yeah, Seattle was Good.. Canada was even better... I spent my actual Birthday DAY in Canada. We spontaneously booked a hotel that morning and drove our way up past the boarder. Despite the long line at the boarder it was a nice mini road trip =)

Arrived Thursday night and had dinner at my Uncles.. We stayed at my Uncles house. They lived in Issaquah, 18 miles away from Seattle and it was up in the mountains. Their house was SOOO NICE. It was the kind of house where the back of the house was facing the view, and the entire back of the house was ALL windows with no blinds or anything. So beautiful. It made ME want to live in Washington and raise a family there. It was also cool cuz they had basement that had its own bedroom, living room and bathroom so Jason and I pretty much had the floor all to ourselves. Pretty sweet. Plus, they cooked breakfast AND dinner for our entire stay there.. HELLA GOOD. One night, we even had dungeness crab. YUM.

Friday
Went to Space Needle, Experience Music Project, Pike's Market and did some shopping. Experience Music Project, I could do without. Not worth the $20 in my opinion... Space Needle was cool. Wished the weather was better, but at least it wasn't raining. If you go on the Space Needle, I recommend getting the 24 hour ticket where you could go during the day time and night time. One thing I regret getting. And Pike's Market was my absolute favorite. They say it's like Fisherman's Wharf, but I totally think its WAY better..... It's such a great atmosphere.

Saturday
We had planned on going on a Cruise to see the sky line, but it was raining pretty hard, so we ended up NOT going on a cruise. BUMMER. Instead, we decided to go straight to Red Hook Brewery.. We bought a sample of beers since we had some time to kill before the tour. Little did we know that we were going to get more samples during the tour!!! Yeah.. you could say we got a little faded after the tour... hahahah.. Fun Times.. The tour was only $1 AND we also got souvinere pint glasses ( I LOVE collecting pint glasses!! ). SCORE! After Red Hook, we stopped by a winery to buy some wine. The winery was Chateu St. Michelle. We ended up not going on the tour because we needed to sober up. HAHA... Afterwards, we stopped by another city called Bellevue, just to check it out, and then made our way back Home to Issaquah. After dinner with my relatives, my Uncle drove us to Alki Beach to see the skyline. It was BEAUTIFUL. It was a great way to end our trip to Seattle..

Sunday
We last minute booked a hotel in Downtown Vancouver and made our way up! We had lunch with an Aunt and Uncle of mine and then headed to downtown vancouver... Shopped at Robson Street for a bit and later checked out Yale Town and Gas Town. Robson Street is apparently their "Rodeo Drive". It looked to me more like a SOHO with not as much Urban stuff but STILL trendy clothing... It was SO expensive.. I only bought one thing. A Bag.

We later had dinner at a Malaysian restaurant for my birthday. The first dinner we bought on our vacation. I was totally craving for Roti Canai. hahahaha....

Monday
After having lunch with my Aunt and my cousins, we headed back... We were cutting it real close cuz we didn't realize we were going to hit so much traffic on the boarder AGAIN!!! But we made it!! Flight was at 5 p.m. we arrived at the airport at 4:10 p.m. SAFE!!

Overall, the trip was GREAT. I wish we spent more time in Canada, but oh well.. More reason for us to go back again. Can't wait for my next trip!!! Here we go North Carolina!! (OH MUN....)

No comments: