3/30/2006

will and grace

Dude!!! They talked about Filipinos on Will and Grace!! CRAZY! I don't know her name, but the rich lady whos always in Old Navy commercials, she was pretending her husband was in the Philippines and then she said:

"I love Filipinos. They're asian, but not cocky about it."

uuuaaahh!! Tight!

dePRESSING
I went to my dentist to get my cleaning and 6 mth check-up. I already knew he was going to tell me something I didnt want to hear.... He said I needed to get a crown and replace an old filling.. COST? $745. UGGGHH!! WTF! I was seriously about to CRY. No really. And I know it sounds a little ridiculous, me depressed, after I had done blogged about deciding to spend $4900 on Invisalign.. But you know, with situations like this you can't help but feel helpless.. WHY? Because I HAVE to get this done.. Invisalign is a choice.. On fillings and crowns, you go off of what the dentist says and if he says you have to replace a filling, then you trust that he's right and that he's not just saying it because he wants to make money off of you. What sucks is that my insurance pays the basic. And whatever extra upgrade I get, I have to pay out of pocket.... So yeah, to get a porcelain crown and natural colored filling I gotta pay an add'l $450 (total still $745). Who knows, they may be overcharging me, and I could totally get it cheaper elsewhere... UGGH!! In times like these, I hella wish I had a dentist in the family.... My dental coverage SUCKS!!! It doesn't pay for shit... And if I even got the bare minimum, I'd still be paying a $300 copay!! DAYAM! Hella expensive.. Oh well.. I gotta do it (I guess.. per the doctor).. so might as well get it over with.. Plus, If I really am getting Invisalign I would need to get this done first. SHIT! I'm so pissed that I'm gonna be spending $746 to replace my fillings.. They don't even hurt right now!! He just said "based on the discoloration, its time to replace them." GEEZ. Whatever.

The Kite Runner
YAY! I finished the book! That completes my 2006 Goal of reading 3 novels for the year. THAT was quick! I'm going to keep reading though.. Reading The Kite Runner, really got me in the mood to find another book that's just as good. The Kite Runner is a REALLY GOOD book. A definite MUST READ. Its definitely one of my Top 10 of fav books, but its better than A Million Little Pieces. It's one of those books where the end of each chapter leaves you hanging and you just want to keep reading. I won't say what its about.. but what I'll say is that it really makes you think about the choices you make in life... And how if you had chosen another path maybe life would've been different. Really makes you wonder... Next book? Either My Friend Leonard (sequel to A Million Little Pieces) or The Glass Castle, but if anyone has any recommendations, please let me know!!!

3 comments:

Oliver said...

Sorry to hear about your teeth. It could be worse I guess. Since you've been reading, what book do you recommend to someone that doesn't like reading? oli-

Anonymous said...

for that much, i'd get platinum grills...i mean a platinum crown and filling. sucks...my insurance dont even pay the full amount for cleanings. and i'm supposed to have 2 free a year???

Joy said...

Oli -- I highly recommend Da Vinci Code. It was the fastest I've ever read. I think I finished it in over a weekend. I have the book so if you want to borrow it, let me know.

Ro -- Dayam. You gotta pay for cleaning? At least mine is for free. STILL though, my dental coverage sucks!! At least I'm not the only one.

Chary -- Do you have any recommendations on books?