3/31/2006

overcharged

Thank God for Snaj! If you don't have a dentist in the family it sure helps to have an admin assistant to a dental office in the family. It's the next best thing! So it turns out that I WAS getting jipped.. and I DO have crappy insurance. Unfortunately all those add ons that I had in my estimated bill were in fact the exact charges that I needed to pay, AND I needed to have all of them in order to get a porcelain crown.. well except for ONE -- a Captek upgrade. It turns out its this add'l thing that they can do to make the porcelain even more natural... something I don't need considering its my farthest molar thats getting the crown!! I do NOT really care HOW my back molar looks.. As long as its tooth colored. So yeah, I called the financial counselor at my dentist office and with hesitation he took the charge out. HAH! Yes.. that's a $100 less. better than nothing... Now the fees I gotta pay are $644. My insurance STILL sucks, but oh well.. I'm just glad that I was able to get help from other sources..It's crazy because Janice was able to explain the details of why I needed each thing so clearly, but the financial counselor was so confusing!! She told me step by step what each charge was used for.. and why I needed it.. She even explained to me WHY I needed high noble metal even though I had to pay an add'l $100... SEE! Why didn't James, the financial counselor, tell me this? He didn't even give me my option of using the basic or high noble metal and WHY one was better than the other. He just straight up charged me for the high noble metal, because that's what I used in my last crown (only because I didn't know any better then!). That's an extra $100!!!! I totally want to change dentist offices once I get all this work done.. We'll see..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay, good job!