We went to see this musical in the city last Saturday. I received good reviews from Mel and Ed so I decided to get tickets! It's not your typical musical like Miss Saigon or Rent, but its really funny. It also involves participation from the audience. Jason and I sat in the balcony, which was fine because the theater is really small. The only time I wished I was in the Orchestra section was for one part of the musical, which I won't ruin in case you decide to go watch it. If you DO decide to go, I suggest balcony, just cuz the theater is so small, it won't matter if you're up close or far away... Plus, you save about $20! Towards the end they were auctioning autographed stuff, like playbills, posters, etc. It was all going towards some AIDS fund.. Anyways, they auctioned off a spelling bee number thing that spelling bee contestants wear. Well, it was one of the props and it had the number of the character that won the spelling bee contest in the musical.. It's basically this 8x10 piece of paper with a number, and a yarn attached to go around the neck and all the casts' signatures. It probably cost like 50 cents to make it. They started the auction at like $100! Dayam.. It ended up being sold for like $225!!! CAHRAZY!! Probably a total EGO thang.. but STILL for a good cause..
Afterwards we went to my favorite dessert place (off Geary and 7th)... It was about 10ish when we went. I swear everytime we go there, it is PACKED. Liked people waiting outside PACKED.. Well, when we got there, there were yet again, HELLA PEOPLE inside, and when we tried to open the door, it was locked!! WTF! Apparently it was at full capacity so they decided to lock the doors.. It was Jason and I and another group of people waiting to get in.. CAHRAZY! We ended up not waiting. OA for dessert if you tell me.. So we just went home and got the next best thing.. Tapioca Express.
Speaking of musicals, we finally watched RENT, the movie. Mikey said its a little wierd watching it because of the singing.. AND I totally agree!! You know, I like watching musical movies.. But I think its too much when there's only 2 minute gaps for each song!! OA!! Hahaha... As far as which one is better, the actual musical or the movie??? hmmm.. I'd have to say the musical. Cuz it's live.. But you know what, the movie had the original cast and they were all REALLY good.. Plus its easier to understand (cuz it can get confusing).. so maybe the movie.. It's just the 2 minute gap that bugged. You only expect 2 minute gaps in live musicals, not on TV! The cool part about watching RENT was that they filmed some of it here in the Bay Area! Club 6 and City Nights is on there.. AND Filoli!! It was cool!!
Today, Opening Day for the A's! Whoohoo!! Wierd that I'm excited, cuz I'm NOT a big baseball fan... I'm just excited for the FREE FOOD!! Thank you Jason for working in Marketing. It's so good to get the hookups.. Every Opening Day, they do this event for Corporate partners, where they serve Free Gourmet Food and Free Wine.. YUM. They got the best food, from Italian to Asian.. Good wine.. AND the best part, Chocolate fountains.. White and Milk Chocolate. I swear I just go for the fountains. Hahaha.. Only downside for this event is the RAIN.. Boo. Not sure where our seats will be.. I just hope we don't get soaked..
4 more days till Seattle.. Can't wait for MORE rain! hahahaha...
No comments:
Post a Comment