Yesterday we got moded. Archie and I thought we were taking a house class... turned out to be a Poppin & Lockin class. OH MUN. And it was hella hard. AND there was like a 10+ year gap between us and the rest of the people taking the class. It was alright. I still want to take HOUSE.
A few years back, there were open auditions to be one of Janet Jackson's dancers (open meaning you didn't have to be a part of an agency).. I heard about it through NSM. I really REALLY wanted to go, but there were 2 things holding me back, a midterm and the fact that it was all the way in LA. I kept thinking about it and thinking about it.. and I thought to myself, I can't let this go by me and hella years later regret ever going, so I went.. I probably wouldn't have gone if Dahrio and Stephanie hadn't convinced me to go. They said, "If you really want to go, GO.. We'll even go with you." And since Dahrio offered to drive half way, I thought why not.. So we did. I talked to my professor so that I could take the midterm early, and we left.. We took my car. I didn't even tell my parents! OH MUN. What if something happened, they would be like, how the hell did YOU end up in LA... oh mun! So yeah, we were seriously there for a day. There were like 1000+ people auditioning..We wrapped around the Millenium Studio. It was crazy. They took in about 150+ at a time to learn the dance. People were fighting to get in the front.. OH MUN.. Crazy. I was so nervous.. Anyways, it turned out they were looking for like ONE girl out of a hundred of girls, and like 3 guys or something... D actually made first cut (out of hella cuts) so me and Steph waited for him to do the next round of auditions and I think by like 6 or 7 p.m. we headed home. CRAZY experience, but one I will always remember and one that I could say, that I WENT and DID it and that I know I will never have to look back and ever regret that I didn't go.
I did learn however that when you audition in LA, you gotta give it THE LOOK... DUDE, I came into that audition in sweats. An outfit I would've worked out in.. You know, something I would feel comfortable in.. WELL, I was totally wrong about my choice of outfit! I wasn't the only though... You could tell, the Bay Area folks from the LA folks... There were people in dance clothes and people in like CLUBBING clothes.. hahaha... It's even like that when you take a friggin normal dance class there!! It's like dayam, do you really need all those accessories when you dance? hahah.. Its all good though. Lesson learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment