Today was our day of the month to get massages at work. Our masseus is Roy and he's not so much a masseus but a chiropractor. It's not the type of massage that's relaxing. You come out of it feeling more straight and refreshed. Sometimes he'll crack your back and neck. It's pretty crazy. Anyways, he asked me to lay down on my back and to put my arms to the side. He wanted me to keep my arm to the side of my body and resist his pull. Well, when he pulled my arm, it totally went loose and could not resist. He said, "See, I knew by massaging your back that your left arm was weak." WTH? I totally didn't know my left arm was weak. He said he was going to fix it... had something to do with my nervous system. And do you know what he did to fix it? He pressed on my left big toe and my somewhere near my left thumb... He must've pressed on it for like a minute or two.. And afterwards he asked me to resist him pulling my arm and I WAS ABLE TO RESIST!! CAH--RAZY!!! Then he did the same thing to my leg. He looked.. JUST LOOKED... at my legs, and said, "I can just tell by looking at your thigh muscles that your right leg is weak." okay..... so he made me bend my right leg and had me resist his pull. AGAIN, he was right, and my right leg was weak. He then pressed my right pinky toe and somewhere near my right pinky finger at the same time.. Held it there for a minute or two.. Then said, "okay, you should be fixed".. He asked me to resist his pull again AND viola!!! I was able to resist!! I regained my strength on my left arm and right leg within 15 minutes... AMAZING... He said it was a mild version of accupuncture...
I now believe in accupuncture.
1 comment:
that's cool!!
Post a Comment