So I decided to e-mail some of my old co-workers that worked on a Seattle project to see what the hot spots were and heres their response (Brian in black, Pauline in blue)... So detailed huh? I'm really excited to go now!! I knew I could count on Triage folks to lemme know the deal.. And hey, I might get a free rental out of it (courtesy of Pauline, hopefully)... I hope I get to make it out to Seattle for my bday...
*Metropolitan Grill or El Gaucho – very famous / expensive steakhouses I haven’t eaten dinner there, but the baked Alaskan dessert is good!
*Oceanaire Seafood Room – great for oysters (especially during happy hour) & fresh fish (also an expensive place) One of my all-time favorite restaurants! It can be a little expensive, so the happy hour makes for an even greater option. The raw oysters on the half shell are great (awesome selection), and I highly recommend the hash browns a la Oceanaire—it’s a side of potatoes with bacon, onions, etc. Great! The escargot is really good, too.
*Wasabi Bistro – trendy sushi place Always a hit with the Triage crowd. Good sushi. Good times.
*O’hana – if you’re looking for a low cost, chill Hawaiian / Japanese place---equate this to a fancier version of Hookilau in SF Very chill. Cool thing here is that they also have live music on some of the nights. The booths are cozy and they have a good drink list, too. I would say their Hawaiian plates are better than their sushi…
*McCormick & Schmicks – just a great place for happy hour food specials ($2 meals!)
*CafĂ© B&O – good for breakfast
*Pike’s Market – famous tourist spot, sort of like a fisherman’s warf type place, to check out during the daytime For brunch in the Pike’s Place market area, there’s Campagne. It’s a French bistro and service is a bit slow, but the food is good. Why rush anyways?
*Pioneer Square – a district where there are a lot of bars
*the Experience Music Project – a museum of modern music history (from the rock n’ roll – hip-hop era)
*University of Washington (UW) district – just a nice campus & neighborhood overall
*RedHook Brewery in Woodinville, WA – you can go on a tour of the brewery for $1, where they’ll not only tell you about their cool history, but you get to sample a number of their beers, too. Also, they let you keep the little shot glass, which is a cool souvenir. We like their beers, so it’s even more fun. The brewery has some good food, and Woodinville is a nice area to drive through. If the weather is nice, you can eat on their deck, too. Right next door is a good winery (Chateau St Michelle?), too, if you are interested.
*If you two are into basketball, the Sonics games are always fun, too. It’s a short ride from downtown to their stadium!
*Space Needle – I never had the chance to go, but I heard the view is good (make sure it’s a nice day or else there is no view), and you can just chill with drinks up there. But, I heard it is a bit costly to go up it.
*Lastly, shopping, shopping, shopping! They have a great and very clean downtown where you can shop your heart out! Their Nordstrom’s is the original one, too. The Fox Sports Grill has tons of plasma tv’s and food if you need a break or want to catch a good sports game, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment