"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." - Buddha
1/11/2006
superstitions
My aunts have told me that it's bad luck for you to become a Godparent of a child while you or your spouse is pregnant ...and its bad luck if you are a Godparent of someone's child and that someone is the Godparent of your own child. I personally, DO NOT believe in superstitions and I think that superstitions only come true if you believe in them.........Granted bad things may have happened to people in consequence of doing one of the superstitions, but I think its just coincidence and more reason for people to believe that these superstitions could be true... HONESTLY, if you really think about it, WHY would it be badluck in the first place? Why would God punish you for partaking in a holy sacrament? Especially if that sacrament involves helping to guide this baby in the Christian Faith? Positives -- Guiding, Helping, Supporting, Welcoming... Do NOT lead to NEGATIVES and I just feel sorry for those people that fail to see that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My mom says the same stuff about being Godparent to someone's kid if that someone is the Godparent to your kid. She also says that making a sibling a Godparent is a waste of a person (meaning another person could have been close to the child because the sibling is already Aunt or Uncle).
Filipinos are so weird.
Post a Comment