1/31/2006

dance class & voice lessons

Corey's Back
Corey Action is back from Atlanta so I'll be taking his class tonight! I actually wasn't planning on going when I first found out about it cuz the class starts at 8:45 p.m. HELLA LATE!! Especially since I need to wake up at like 6:30 a.m.!! But I couldn't say no when he asked me to come through... I can NEVER SAY NO to NSM! I hate it sometimes! I guess that's why I just try to avoid the studio overall so that I don't get asked to do anything.. hahaha.. so bad. But really, I should go... I haven't seen Corey in a while and I haven't been around... Plus, I miss everybody.

Steps, Styles and Spotlight
I found another place to dance thats closer! It's located in Fremont and Olivhea goes there. The studio is called Steps, Styles and Spotlight and its right by American High.. They offer Urban Hip-hop on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and then House on Thursday. They also offer lyrical jazz, ballroom dance, voice lessons and piano lessons! I'm going to TRY to take class tomorrow. We'll see how my body feels. Today will be the 3rd day in a row that I've worked out and I am soooo sore.

Speaking of voice lessons...
I've actually been thinking about taking voice lessons. I used to take classes from this lady that Dawn went to, but I don't even know if she still coaches and if she even still lives in Fremont. She was pretty good and she always gave hella good lollipops after class. hahahha... I think I took voice lessons for 3 months... Maybe right after highschool. Then once I went to college, I stopped. Since they offer voice lessons at Steps, I might as well try it out right?

When I was young, my parents used to force me to sing all the time.. Actually my parents AND Tito Rufo. UGGH. It was to the point where I hated to sing....And it wasn't like I was good. You know how it is with my parents, good or not, they always want their kids to perform something to show them off.. Well one time, in PI, my parents wanted me to sing and I hella hid in Lot's Lolo's house so they wouldn't find me...OG. I got in soooo much trouble. I totally embarassed my parents. I felt so bad... After that day, my parents never forced me to sing.. Anytime they wanted me to sing, they would ask and if I said no, they wouldn't keep bugging me... But OG. I was so busted that night. I will never forget it. Guaranteed one of my Top 5's of being in deep shit with my parents.

3 comments:

lani putt said...

Hey Joy...if you go to dance class tomorrow, call me up! I've been hella wanting to go to dance class! I'm off tomorrow too!

Anonymous said...

OMG hoo, i hella remember when they were announcing your name to sing and you hella wanted to hide out, so we slipped through the back to my lolo's backyard!!

Dang, I didn't know you were THAT busted?! WHAT HAPPENED?! HAHAHAHA!

dawn marie said...

she's not in Fremont anymore...I think she lives in Oregon now =(

i've been hella watching AI and thinking I should start having lessons again too...