12/19/2005

This is what I found when I googled for "birds stuck in chimneys":

Bird stuck in a chimney

If you have a bird stuck in the chimney, place a lighted flashlight in the fireplace pointing up into the chimney. Birds will often fly toward the light, and you can quickly and gently catch the bird before it flies to other areas of the house. If you are certain that the bird is a songbird or other small bird, you can reach up into the flue and try to catch it. It can be helpful to attach a small mirror to a long-handled spoon to give you a view of what’s going on. There are companies that will come and remove animals from your chimney. After the bird is safely out of the chimney, be sure to place wire mesh or an open grate over the chimney to prevent a future occurrence.

OH MUN!!!! LOL! My HOA manager said to call the Animal Patrol so I left them a message. I also called a chimney sweep company but they said they don't rescue birds.... OH MUN.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

rescue birds? oh mun!

dawn marie said...

grab an industrial strength vaccuum and suck that thing out.