12/29/2005

home

a house is not a home
When I first moved into my tiny townhome, my coworker told me, "your house won't really become your home until you've made memories in it.." and as a year and a half has passed, there definitely have been memories.... From dinners around the table, drunk nights after the club, opening presents by the tree, fitting 80 people for my houseblessing, sleepovers, and just random gatherings at the house... I've learned that I've grown to be like my parents... wanting to cook for people and wanting people over just to get together for whatevers... I've learned Jason's living habits... and I've learned (and still learning) to budget my finances with a mortgage.. my house has definitely become my home and I'm just thankful for everyone around me that have helped me make it my home...

drmz
Yesterday DRMZ had dinner at Applebees and went to Starbucks afterwards. We just wanted to hang out and catch up on how our Christmases went. It actually was suppose to be a movie, but Nette couldn't make it, so we just decided to make it a dinner so we could at least see each other before the year end.

As we were all sitting at Starbucks just chit chatting away, for a second I took myself back and really thought how greatful I was to have these ladies...I think the reason why we appreciate each other so much is the fact that all of us have busy seperate lives, whether it be with family, with our jobs or with our significant others... and when we want to get out of that we know we can get together by way of being on the phone (5-way), having coffee or having dinner because its our way of therapy... to be who we are -- women..

2 comments:

Christine said...

awww...good blog! i love entertaining people too!!! Can't wait till RAC on the 6th! Catch phrase all day!

Anonymous said...

aww.. i love it!

5 way - hilare! i love us!