Have you ever experienced the gift of giving... Not the present itself but getting a gift from someone that you would've never thought would've given you a gift??? I experienced that TWICE today! I got gifts from 2 coworkers that I didn't think would get me gifts.. and one of them was a $20 gift card to BEST BUY! Hella good! At first I felt a little bad that I didn't even think to get them a gift.. but then I felt good to know that they thought of me as a good friend to even get me something... At first I wasn't sure what to do....should I go out and get them something real quick .... or just accept it... Well, I came to the conclusion to not get anything.. It would defeat the point in giving and it would just be ME giving them something because they got ME something... so yeah - instead I called the person up and said Thank you.. and the other (the best buy giver) I'm going to go out to lunch with the coworker hopefully next week and surprise treat him.... I told my coworker about my situation and she said..."dont feel bad, dont stress about it... just be thankful...and be greatful that those people thought of you in a special way to get you a present.... and also be thankful to your parents and who you came out to be for people to appreciate you that much....... " so yeah - I am sooo greatful... its such a great feeling .... and it just makes me appreciate the people I have around me even more...
No comments:
Post a Comment