11/04/2005

WE GOT EARLY BLOGS....

Before I begin my shopping spree I just wanted to fill you on my NOW favorite artist of the year.... The singer that I've been looking for for HELLA months now.... I first heard her music at the B. McKnight concert during intermission... I asked the sound guy who it was and he told me it was Liz Wright.. Well, I looked her up online and her music was NOT what they were playing so from that point I was stumped.. Well, when Mark G. got me the Leela CD I started getting my hopes up about trying to find this artist again... So since I had to go to Borders to buy a gift, I browsed through the CD section and look and behold, there's a Lizz Wright CD on the Jazz sample listening section... I put the headphones on, press 5 (for 5th CD), listen to the first song and realize THIS IS IT.. She is THE ONE!! Oh mun. I was sooooo excited. And not only that, it was on sale for $13.99.. WHOO fah-reakin HOO!!!! So yeah...

MUSIC TIP OF THE DAY:
LIZZ WRIGHT, "Dreaming Wide Awake"
Jazz, black version of a Norah Jones.. deep voice, very smooth easy listening type music... LOVE IT...My favorite song is #5, "I'm Confessin"...

You don't even know HOW LONG it took me to find this and HOW HAPPY I AM to have found it... Her whole album is tight... if you like this kinda music...

And NOW, the shopping begins.... ON you MARK, GET SET, GO!!!!!!!!

No comments: