11/23/2005

“...but don’t you eventually want to make six figures?”

Its not about finding a job that makes six figures... its about finding a job that you like... finding a job that you love to do... something that balances your work life and your personal life well... and if it just so happens that that job pays you well, then kudos to you... It shouldn’t be about finding the job that pays you the best salary....

At this moment in my career... I have no desire to climb up. First of all, I have waaaaay more to learn before I can even think about taking my boss’ position. And Second of all, I don’t even know if I would like to have THAT much responsibility on my shoulders... I just don’t think I could sleep at night knowing I had THAT much responsibility and that ONE decision you make could cost the hospital a huge amount of money... Granted there are times where I wish I was the boss so I could make different decisions, but I like where I’m at right now... I like that I don’t have to think about work when I go home... I like that I can take days off whenever I please and that I can go to work and leave work at any time...And also the fact that I only work 8 hours a day! Maybe it’ll get old eventually... but you know what, when I have a family, this job will totally be ideal for me..

I think what makes me appreciate this job more is my previous job... Always on the go... in and out of town... flights Mondays and Thursdays... never being able to kick it with friends during the week.... 10 hour days.... Seriously. The last few weeks I worked at my old job... one time, I worked from 7 a.m. to 12 midnight... and that whole week I had to do a project, I worked at least till 10 p.m. No joke... Not to mention on a normal day, I would go home from a 10 hr work day (get in at 7ish), eat dinner, chill... and then before go to bed, do some work on my lap top... for at least an hour.... CRAZY!! Life went by so fast it was insane! And I did that for 3 years... It was a great job out of college... but it was just not ideal in the long run.... Unfortunately some people are still there not knowing what to do next... but lucky me, this job happened to come at an opportuned time... It’s just one of those things (like with my friends) where I think how amazing life has turned out to be.... I would have never thought that I was going to work at this hospital... 4 years ago, I didn’t even know this hospital existed and 2 years before that I didn’t even want to get into healthcare! I wanted to do corporate retail!!! CRAZY....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss picking you up and dropping you off at the airport EVERY monday and thursday =D those were the days broad.

Christine said...

dude..the TRIPS we'd take just to see you! and even the SOLO ones too! oh mun! those are definitely one of the highlights of our friendship...hahaha

Joy said...

LOT: i know huh? i can't believe i used to party like that... the moment i got off the plane, we were either going to the mall to buy a fit for Friday clubbin or going straight to END UP.. OH MUN.. Remember End UP? hahahaha...

XTINE: Those trips are definitely the reason why I loved that job! We wouldn't have been able to kick it SOCAL style if it wasn't for my old job! Remember LBC and playing Truth or Dare? OOOHHH MUN! Hahahaha...

Christine said...

oh mun! truth or dare??? i don't even want to think about it! lol! uagh!