10/24/2005


Just had to show you the work they did on my face at the show!!
Robert is off the hook when it comes to make up. I love it.

So Delicious
It was SICKENING.

Saturday – My heel snagged on my dress, but it was okay. I didn’t mess up and it felt good to be on stage... It wasn’t until that day right before I went on stage that I realized, “Dayam, it has been A MINUTE since I performed!” Before Saturday, it was about a year since I’d been on stage... and you know what, I realized that I really missed it. I got all nervous because people I knew were coming to see me that day.. but it turned out to be great! Minor lighting and sound glitches, but it wasn’t obvious to the audience so it’s ALL GOOD.

Sunday – The best show of the 2. The lighting and sound was perfect. Some routines got changed just a little bit to make formations easy to get to.. and all the routines were the best I’d ever seen them performed. Plus it was the day the show was going to be filmed, so it was perfect to have the show be at its best on Sunday. When we did our piece, we had so much fun. I never had so much fun on stage and it was actually the first time I really felt comfortable with those 3 inch heels! It was sooo much fun. D and Robert did such a great job with the entire show... I really hope they make it an annual thang cuz I wanna be UP ON IT!!!

So yeah – I miss dancing, but most importantly performing. I also do miss my friends in NSM. Hanging out this weekend made me realize that I just absolutely cannot let go of this part of my life and these circle of friends. Every show I’m always tellin Shonda, “This is it. I’m calling this my retirement performance cuz I am over and done with...” and every time she laughs cuz I keep coming back.. hahahaha. It never fails... No matter how many times I try to leave NSM, I just keep coming back.... Although I’m sad that Corey will be going off to Atlanta to pursue his singing career, I’m still going to make it out to 5451 to take classes... Hopefully they’ll be good (Breakdance 101 and Hip-Hop with Beto).

The sweetest thing....
So I come home Sunday night from the show all worn out and ready to friggin take off my ponytail weave and low and behold there are flowers on the table and freshly baked cookies for me.. courtesy of Jason!! What a way to end a tiring weekend.... Thanks babe. I love you.

Thanks to Jason, Lot, Ro and my Mom for watching my show even though I was only in ONE piece. All of you are the only ones that know how much dance means to me and how much the company means to me... the only ones... and I can’t thank you enough for all the support you’ve given me from the very beginning of my NSM career. I love you guys.

3 comments:

Joy said...

hahahaha... which one are you talking about? i dont remember....

dawn marie said...

your bootyful!

Anonymous said...

Guuuuurl, other than Jason and your parents - you know I'm your BIGGEST fan and I try to make it out to ALL of your shows! Dude, I think I've been to 98% of your shows, man, maybe 99%. I'm always there to cheer you on. You know that, and finally I got the chance to tell Teela that! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

And, I remember that one show Ge's talking about. They were doing an African dance, and the rag she used to cover her boobs came off, and she kept dancing and the audience cheered her on even more! OH MUN!