9/09/2005

Joy’s Great/Okay list of Broadway Musicals

Great
Wicked
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Miss Saigon
Mama Mia
Lion King

Okay
Rent

Chicago
The Producers
Cabaret
Into the Woods

I don’t want to say my list is a Good/Bad or Yay/Nay list, because no musical that I’ve seen has been BAD. When I think BAD, I think of a bad production and bad singing... Okay to me means the singing was good and the production was good but the story didn’t keep me up. I either got bored easily or the story was too complex... but you know, that’s just my opinion...

WICKED was GREAT. Definitely my favorite musical so far! I can’t wait to see it again! I loved the story line. It’s so cool how they took a spin off of Wizard of Oz. Now I’m more excited to finish my Wicked book! I definitely recommend it to everyone, especially those who’ve seen Wizard of Oz.

3 comments:

dawn marie said...

I saw Lion King for my birthday last year...LOVED IT. I wish I could go out and see more. Hit me up when you do though...you know I love that shit.

Joy said...

definitely! I'm always down to watch musicals... I'll let you know if I find any other musicals that are going on... HEY - you should come with me when I watch Ailey!! You'll love it Dawn!!! Its next year in Feb or March...

dawn marie said...

Yeah! Let's do it!