9/14/2005

It's so been busy these past couple days!!! So much has happened!!

Saturday:
Medsel's Wedding Shower
Ro's 30th Birthday Surprise

Sunday:
Went to a Novena at my parents and later had rehearsal in Alameda. I hadn't danced in weeks so I was BURNT. I did get to see what our costume looked like and THANK GOD it is NOT a MID DRIFT! Whoohoo!

Monday:
Got 2 free tickets to watch the Giants Game! Whoohoo. One thing though, they were in the nosebleed section... where its hella cold!!! Oh well, at least we got to see Barry Bonds!! Go BARRY!! We got to see him ALMOST do a homerun. ALMOST!

Tuesday:
Half day. Had a meeting in Walnut Creek for 3 hours then headed off to ... guess.... the Ann Taylor Outlet.. hahahah... Damage? A suit and a new credit card...UGGGH. So bad

Today:
You Think You Can Dance....PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE ARTEM OFF!!!! His arms are not kicken!!! Can you do anything else but move your arms and show your chest?

The News:
"One Nation, Under God"
I definitely don't think the government should be wasting their time figuring out if schools should say the pledge, especially when there are much bigger problems out there in the world. HOWEVER, I do understand why some would not want their kids or themselves to say the pledge. Even though I believe in God, I also believe in people's right to believe in whatever they want to believe.. I respect all other religions because essentially I think we all end up in the same place in the end... It's just a bunch of rivers leading to the same ocean... I know it's not a big deal to say "Under God.." but how would you feel if it was changed to say "Under Buddha.." or something to that extent? Would you want to teach your kids to say "Buddha" even though at home, you're teaching them to believe in God??? Maybe I'm over analyzing... but that's just me...


Roe v. Wade
I know this is a touchy subject... I do believe in a woman's right to privacy... but I don't believe in women copping out of pregnancy because they weren't responsible enough... especially after the 2nd or 3rd time..

You know, when Bush appointed Judge John Roberts to be Chief Justice, I wasn't sure what to think because everyone said he was very conservative and someone that may try to override Roe v. Wade... I don't really know much about Chief Justices and the Supreme Court other than what I've heard in the news lately, but he seems intelligent, he speaks well, and he seems fit for the position... We'll see.....

1 comment:

dawn marie said...

Artem NEEDS TO GO! Or as Byron said last night, "Nobody wants to see bullshit." LOL

I heard the confirmation hearings on the news for that new guy...he really did not answer any questions. But like you said...we'll see...