9/19/2005

CANCER:
My boss’ mother-in-law just got diagnosed with stage four lung cancer and you can’t help but not feel TOO story for that person just because you know they put themselves in that situation (chronic smoker)... but then there are those, like Christopher Reeve’s wife who also got diagnosed with lung cancer, but it was the kind where she got it from out of nowhere. She didn’t smoke or do anything to provoke the cancer. And then there is also breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and all other types of cancer that are beyond anyone’s control. I mean, yeah – there are foods out there that can help prevent cancer (green tea, antioxidants, etc.) but the fact of the matter is, CANCER is out there whether you like it or not. You can be the healthiest person.. you exercise everyday, eat the right foods, and still YOU can get it. It is such a scary thought...

This is my biggest fear... cancer.... and it has always been since my Lolo died from it.

WEEKEND:
DAVIS beat Stanford! BOO YEAH!!
No, I didn’t get to watch the game cuz Jason and I got lazy. But Drey did and she said it was hella fun. I totally regret not going... But whoohoo! Go Davis!!

Farmer’s Market and Movie Weekend
This weekend Jason and I went to the Union City and Santana Row Farmer’s Market. One on Saturday and another on Sunday. Talk about big difference in prices!! $1 per pound v. $2.50 per pound. BUT, Santana Row had all the organic fruits... EXCUSE ME!! Hahahah... I love Farmer’s Markets and sampling all the fruits and kettle corn! I can get full just going to those! Hahaha.. hella ghetto!

Friday I watched 2 movies and stayed AWAKE for both of them! I watched Wedding Date and Monster-In-Law, both of which I thought were really good! I think Wedding Date might’ve replaced My Best Friend’s Wedding as my favorite movie... Saturday I stayed up again (milagro!) to watch Crash... REALLY GOOD! Really makes you think about all the stereotypes in this world. At times it made me feel uncomfortable to hear them talk about other races like that... but its reality.. its what people really think about.. the directors just had the guts to put it out on there... Good Movie... MUST SEE...

Last night, I slept at 10 p.m., woke up at 6:30 a.m. That is 8.5 hours of sleep and STILL I felt crappy waking up. WTH? How many hours of sleep do I need to NOT feel crappy? Maybe I should shoot for sleeping at 9 p.m. OMG. So early!!

3 comments:

Christine said...

looks like you and zae had a weekend like rich and I...full of SLEEP and movies. Although yesterday I did major damage at Valleyfair. Bought those shoes at Cathy jean girl, the chocolate ones..hey! we can soooo trade! lol

Joy said...

OMG. youre the one that bought the chocolate ones!!! i was there last thursday and they said they didn't have them in size 5!! wth??? oh mun. lets SO trade!!!

Christine said...

the ones that i have are size 6....barely fits me...but they are soo cute! uagh! i can still borrow yours though!! YESS!