8/18/2005

You think you can dance?

OMG. So normally I don’t watch TV. I actually don’t like watching TV unless I’m watching while doing something else. I’m just weird like that. I always feel like if I’m just sitting there watching TV, I’m wasting time that I could be using to read a book, a newspaper, to work out, to clean OR to do something productive. BUT last night was the exception and for all Wednesday nights for the next month or two.... OMG. What else could I be raving about but “YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE”. I’m so into that show that I think I might buy Tivo for the Wednesdays that I have rehearsal. I love that show! Everyone is soooo GOOD. But you seriously start seeing people’s flaws when they do a style they don’t normally do. Gosh, it really makes me wonder what would’ve happened if I really tried to pursue dance as a career... You know, just go to LA or NYC and try it out for a couple of months. Maybe not for commercial dance but for Ailey.. hahaha. YEAH RIGHT. High hopes. But then I think about it more and I realize that I have no regrets. I would not be where I’m at if I seriously decided to pursue dance as a career and I wouldn’t have time for family and friends like I do now. But gosh, that show... I really like Melody. Jonnis is tight (I liked his solo last night); I don’t think he’s technically trained, but he is ALL OUT and that’s what I like about him. And Artem; his solo sucked last night. ALL HE DID was move his arms!!! WTH? Mann.. talking about it makes me wanna dance now. I need to find a place where I can take lyrical dance. That’s really what I miss most. I just don’t know if I have the flexibility for it STILL. OH MUN.

1 comment:

dawn marie said...

OMG...I thought I was the only one that watched this show. I totally agree! I think that Blake guy needs to go though...even though he's a pro-dancer, his attitude sucks big time!

Can't wait til Monday!