8/24/2005

SHOPPING:
Good Investment
You know how you can look into your closet and find things that you can say “mann, this was a good investment. I really put my money’s worth in this ______.” Well, I can definitely say that for my Sambas. Mann, those shoes are WORN OUT. I’ve worn them for the past 3 years. And not only do I wear them to just go out, I also wear them to dance in, so YOU KNOW they are WORN OUT. I seriously need a new pair!

Bad Investment
Mann, there are a couple shoes in my closet that I have either not worn or shoes that I’ve used once and know I probably won’t wear again. HELLUV waste of money, but you don’t think that when you see them at the store and think “Oh man, these are hella cheap!” or “Oh man, these are hella cute for this ONE outfit!”

Satisfaction
I have a problem with going on a mission to find the perfect ______. For example JEANS. If I’m on a quest to find the perfect jeans, during my quest I end up buying all these OKAY jeans because they’re cheap or I need something in the interim. Problem is, when I find the perfect pair, I end up with hella OKAY jeans that I know I won’t wear anymore!! Also an example of “bad investments” in my closet.

TODAY:
What can you get on every August 24, that’s SO delicious and cooked in a Filipino way.... Archie’s mom’s spaghetti!!!! YUM! It’s Archie’s birthday today and he’s turning 28.. Whoohoo! Every year she makes his favorite, her spaghetti, and of course we come over to get our GRUB on! Can’t wait for spaghetti! At midnight, J and I woke up and woke up Archie to wish him happy birthday.. hahaha. We also had him open up our present... We got him a new pair of working/dress shoes. Finally! That fool SO needed a new pair! Seriously! So yeah – we were a little worried he wouldn’t like them because Archie is so damn picky.... but he did! He liked it! Whoohoo! Mission Accomplished!


JUST A NOTE: My last blog was not meant to give an upset tone. I wasn’t upset. I was just writing as I was thinking. I wouldn’t and shouldn’t be upset because it was said in a joking way. But you know how jokes can be sometimes. Sometimes they can be part truths. That’s why it got me thinking... that’s all.

2 comments:

dawn marie said...

Haha...my "good investments" are my bags (as discussed at dinner) and my shoes. My "bad investment" is some of the clothes in my closet. I totally feel you on the jeans...

Joy said...

hahah.. bags are an easy thing to call "good investments" because if you divide the price up by lets say 150 days (est 5 months of using the bag) of using it, it sounds really cheap?! hahahaha.. that was my justification for buying my Gucci purse! hahahaha...