8/25/2005

You Think You Can Dance Comments
A Song For You by Donnie Hathaway – one of my ultimate favorite classic songs. The first time I heard that song was when I went to see Ailey and Jeffrey Gerodias performed a solo on that song. I FELL IN LOVE. Not with him, but the piece and ever since then, I’ve made an effort to see that piece every time Ailey makes their tour to Zellerbach. It straight blows me away... When I saw Blake and that other girl dance to that song, I was glued to the TV. OMG. It just made me want to cry. I wish I recorded it because I could’ve watched their performance a million times. Seriously. They were soooo good.

The Solos
Melody – I love her flexibility but her solo sort of disappointed me. I wanted her to do something more lyrical and instead she did some fast jazz routine that looked like some of her moves were out of control.

SNOW – has to go. Sorry. Not feelin it. And her eyes are so scary?!

Jamile – Love it. Reminds me of the Electric Boogaloos. Tight.

Nick – What a way to end the show that night. SO GOOD. His fuerte turns were beyond perfect. How does he do those turns and stop like its nothing?

The other guy (forgot his name) – Umm. I liked it, but it was a bit too modern for me.. And I usually like modern pieces!

The other girl (forgot her name) – I didn’t care too much for her. Obviously, since I don’t even remember her name!!

3 comments:

dawn marie said...

LOL...I think you're talking about Craig and Melissa? or maybe it's Michelle? Obviously, I don't care for her much either...

Joy said...

Yah! I think Craig's his name.. Not sure about Michelle or Melissa though! hahahaha...

dawn marie said...

I thought Snow hecca looked like Christina Aguilera at the beginning of the show...Byron disagreed.