8/17/2005

Flip the Switch

It’s so funny how your life can just flip the switch. One day I’m frustrated and 2 days later I’m happy and life is great! So many things happened within the past day or two that it feels like Christmas:

1 – My car no longer smells and I can now drive my carpoolers!
2 – I got my refund check!
3 – I can now get a car
4 – Our meeting time for carpooling is going to be later!!! 7:15 a.m. instead of 6:45 a.m.
5 – I was able to talk about all the projects I needed to discuss to my boss
6 – I went shopping yesterday with my boss... during work!

#4
I’m excited about all of these things, but what I’m most excited about is #4. I’ve always thought going to work would be so perfect if I could just carpool later! I like going to work, I like what I do, I just hate waking up so damn early... Now that I can wake up half an hour later (which is a lot to me!!) everything will be perfect!!! Whoohoo! I’m so excited!

#2 and #3
Yesterday I got my refund check and right away I called my Dad and said, “come with me tomorrow to get a car!” He got hella hype and said he would do some research since he was off today. Hahaha.... I’m hype, but not too hype.... I just did some research and looked up the Prius and Civic Hybrid and those cars cost $20K! WTH! Hella more than the Corolla! And I was seriously thinking about a Civic Hybrid too! Now that the law passed for Hybrids to go on carpool lanes I’m SO tempted to get a hybrid now!! Saves on gas money AND toll money!! HELLA GOOD! If you take out all the Saturdays and Sundays of the year (52 weeks x 2 days = 104) minus that by the total days of the year (365), you get a total of 261 work days, multiply that by $3, and you save $783!! OMG! Hella good! The only thing is, they cost $20K and I’m not sure I can afford that right now... BOO. We’ll see. I think today we’re going to go car shopping and see what drives good and whats affordable.

#5 & #6
Yesterday I went to Valley Fair with my boss to do our “walking meeting”. hahaha. We always do these “walking meetings”. It’s pretty fun. Usually we get some work done to and from the mall, but most of the time we don’t. We’re always yappin about non-work related stuff. She’s 40+ but yet I can talk to her about anything. She knows about all the drama with friends, family and boyfriend AND we can both shop together!!! Its great! Yesterday was just a reminder of how good I have it. REALLY. How many bosses out there take you to the mall to “talk about work”? But yeah – this time during our “walking meeting” I made sure to talk about work, so we did, and I got what I needed from her to complete the rest of my projects. So yeah – yesterday we got a lot of work done AND we had time to shop! Sweeeet.

#1
Today was my turn to drive. I was still a little worried that she (my carpooler) would still smell SOMETHING, but she didn’t. It was like any normal carpool day. SAFE.

No comments: