8/16/2005

Mission Accomplished

FINALLY – the puke smell has vanished. I had Jason sit on the passengers side WITH the seatbelt on to test it out and there was no sign of PUKE FUNK. YES!!! Halelujah!! Finally my days are brighter and you can now see a smile on my face. All last week I was just NOT IN THE MOOD for anything because ALL I WANTED was a normal smelling car. Since I’m now over that whole mission to defunk my car, I can blog about all the things that happened last week that I never got to mention:

Annual eval
I had my annual eval with my boss last Tuesday. I was a little nervous because she sent out surveys to 18 people that I’ve worked closely with. They had to rate me from a 1 to 5 (5 being excellent) and also make comments about me. 12 people answered. Everyone gave great feedback. My numbers were at an average of 4.5 and there was 1 person that rated me all 3’s. I have a feeling who that person was, though I won’t say. That was the most nerve racking part; hearing what everyone had to say about me. Everything else was fine. We had lunch at Cheesecake Factory, and like all other evals I’ve had with my boss, we shopped afterwards at the mall.. Hahaha. I found myself my dress for Mel and Ed’s wedding and a cute top at Ann Taylor for $10.

Harry Potter 6
I finally finished it! Probably one of my favorites of the 6 that I’ve read. I was hella bawlin!!! I hecca wanna read the 7th book already!!! I just can’t believe it ended that way!! Next book to read? Not sure yet. Noi gave me some Filipino American books so I might start reading those... We’ll see.... Any recommendations?

F21
Hahahah. Had to talk about it. Last Sunday was their Friends and Family discount. 20% off everything!! OH MUN. I was hella stoked. I only had one hour to shop because we had to leave for our flight back. Lisa and I spent about an hour in there and in that hour I had to wait 20 minutes to get in the fitting room, so I really only shopped for 40 minutes... NOT ENOUGH TIME. And this F21 is hella big!!! I LOVE SHOPPING in Chicago! So yeah, I ended up buying a couple things, but I did not go overboard. For 3 bottoms, 1 dress, 1 bag and 1 necklace, I spent $100. Not bad.. I guess. Still hella money though. I’m suppose to be saving! GEEZ! But how often do you get a Friends and Family discount!!?? I seriously think I have a disease.. SHOPPING.

Corolla
I’m getting it. Mike convinced me. It gives 30-34 miles per gallon. HELLA GOOD! It really does look good. I’m tired of people telling me “Don’t get it. Too many people have it.. Get this. Get a used car. Blah blah blah..” The ONLY reason why I don’t wanna get a Corolla is because hella people have it, and that is a stupid reason to NOT get a reliable, affordable, good looking car. Right now the Corolla is practical for me and its within my budget... My mortgage is going up, Christmas is coming and I need to SAVE. So Corolla it is. Hopefully my refund comes this week and I can start looking this weekend! SWH.

4 comments:

valerie aka boski said...

yes, my corolla is kool, but i think the audio kinda sucks... i say just opt for the standard and take it to best buy or some shit later... i feel u tho on the puke smell in the car... my tercel never went back to normal after mark puked in it... especially on hot days! oh well... fun times sometimes comes at a price!

dawn marie said...

Be careful...I think one year it was reported as one of the most stolen cars...but toyota's in general are VERY reliable.

Joy said...

thanks val... i didnt know you got a corolla? what color? and is it the speakers that suck or the actual radio?

thanks dawn... yeah, thats what they said about my honda civic, but it only got broken into once... and i think because of my stupidity... we'll SWH. knock on wood!

valerie aka boski said...

yeah i got a corolla in may 2004 cuz some stupid dog was on 880 south and 3 SUV's swerved to avoid it and 1 of them ended up hitting me and totaling the tercel! my rolla is in that dark grey color. i think the speakers and radio both suck (i got the 6 speakers but they are super tiny). they just don't seem very loud...plus i don't like the set up of the radio. i plan on buying a new system as soon as i get some dough!