7/12/2005

Money, Money, Money

So I'm pretty much debt free. Very hard to believe since I had so much debt from the Europe trip. I don't know how I did it, but I was able to pay off all of it. I said, F* it. Forget paying in portions (monthly installments). If I pay it this way, then really I'm spending more than what I really spent because of the interest. So I just decided to pay it ALL off.. It was HARD to do and less money to put in savings, but I did it and I don't have to sulk over it for the next couple months.... What came at such a perfect time is my refinancing. Since I'm refinancing, I have a whole month where I don't have mortgage. I can save a whole month's of mortgage. Actually maybe half since I used some of that money to pay my credit card bill. STILL I'm putting more in my savings than I normally put on a monthly basis. I really need to start saving MONEY big time for emergency purposes. Especially since I think my car will die on me sometime soon!! OMG. I can't even think about a monthly car payment right now.. ugggghhh... PLEASE CAR. Hold out on me!!

So I've been doing a GREAT job of not spending money since I got back. BUT, look and behold, what comes in the mail, Nordstrom's catalog for their Anniversary Sale, STARTING JULY 15.. OMG!! So much cute stuff on sale for great prices.. So tempting!! NOOOO.. I WILL NOT GO to NORDSTROMS.. I can hold out for another season right? Please people, I'm trying really hard NOT to shop.. Don't ask me to go to the mall for at least the next 2 months .. hahah (Christine/Lot)

Anyways, on to another money topic.. I was thinking of fundraising for Nya... Like a casino trip or throwing a party at a bar/club. I know with a casino trip, for a full bus, you can make $900. I really want to put one together to help Lelit and John out with the expenses for Nya's chemotherapy. It's in the works, so for anyone reading, stay tuned. Hope you can help and participate!!

2 comments:

dawn marie said...

If you do that fundraiser for Nya, I'll totally support. My aunt was recently diagnosed w/ breast cancer and will start chemo soon. I have a cousin that had lukemia and she is now cancer-free...there's hope. I will pray for Nya.

Joy said...

Thanks Dawn. Your thoughts and prayers are TRULY appreciated. I'll pass your message on to Claudia and John.

Unfortunately it turns out that we might not do the casino thing because my Aunt said its hard to do. She doesn't think we can get a lot of people, so now I don't know if I should do it or not. We'll see. I'm also looking into doing a party/bar thing as a fundraiser. I'll keep you posted.