6/14/2005

Half Days Are the BEST

Half days are the best.. Especially when you're not counting it as a half day of PTO. Yes! WHY you ask? Well, I had a meeting at St. Rose from 9 - 12 p.m. It's with this association that I'm a part of called Bay Area Health Care Contracters Association (BAHCCA). It's basically a group of people that have contracting positions in all other hospitals in the bay area. Its really cool because we get together to throw these presentations and invite guest speakers to give us some insight on things that are currently happening in health care. Like today, we had 2 people speak about the legislative bills that are coming out and how they would affect hospitals. It was pretty interesting. Afterwards, I had lunch with my colleagues and by 2 p.m. I called it a day. Woohoo!

The cool thing about the BAHCCA meeting today was that my friend Brian was there! He was my old coworker at Triage AND a good friend of mine in Davis.. He is now working at Washington Hospital doing basically what I do at ECH. I'm so excited that he's now at WHHS because I can go with him to all these meetings and conferences that we have to go to. Plus, its great to have someone else that's young in this industry and someone I can talk to about work. He's already heard me yap about my stress from Triage. Hahaha...

Tomorrow, we're actually going to Sac for a meeting and we're carpooling! Yay! But not really because we have to leave at 6 a.m. UGGH! Hella early. OH well, I dont mind it so much.. Especially since once the meeting is done (12 p.m.), we'll be done for the day too!! And of course you know where Brian and I are going afterwards..... The DAVIS alums can't miss out on DOS!! So yeah, we'll be heading to Davis for those delicious burittos.. I can't wait! My mouth is watering already....

Now if I could just get myself to start packing.... uggghhh...

2 comments:

Christine said...

no wonder there wasn't emails from you all day...

Joy said...

Awww.. I'm sorry Xtine.. Did you miss me? uuaaahhh.. hahahaha