2/25/2011

So. Not. Cool

Last, last week I got a filling done…. My tooth wasn’t even hurting, but when I had my 6 month check-up, they told me I had an old filling that was showing leakage and so they said I should probably get it re-done. Fine. I was a little hesitant at first because my tooth wasn’t even in pain and PLUS, it was going to cost me $135 – frikkin A – but whatever, might as well get it done now before it ends up BEING in pain and I end up getting a root canal.

So….ever since I got my filling, my tooth’s been a little sensitive to chewing and cold foods… Not really so much chewing, but more so cold foods, and I didn’t really feel the sensitivity as much until a few days ago when I had icecream. MUN. That’s when I thought, “Damn, he messed up on my filling…” I KNEW something went wrong!! When I got my filling done, towards the end, the dentist totally started doing all this weird stuff to my tooth and was asking his assistant for all these different tools… I wasn’t sure WHAT was going on, but something didn’t seem right…. I was beginning to think, “Did he EFF up or what?!?” Well obviously something went wrong cuz it freakin’ HURTS to eat icecream! UGH…

Well, a few days later I call up my dental office to let them know that my tooth is sensitive to cold foods and frikkin what do they tell me? They think I might have to get a root canal…. OH HELL FRIKKIN NO… UGH!!! What the hell just happened?! I come in for a check up, they find no cavities, but that I have an old filling to repair AND NOW I HAVE TO GET A ROOT CANAL? GEEEEZ…… I still have to see the dentist so he can examine the tooth to see why I’m feeling sensitive to cold foods, but dayam…. I am NOT trying to spend frikkin’ $400+ on a root canal after I had done paid $135 for a filling!!!

UGH. SO. NOT. COOL.

My appointment with my dentist is next Monday so I’m HOPING that when he checks out my tooth, all they really have to do is fix the filling…. =(

No comments: