Jacob turned 6 months last Monday (Yay!). My goal was to nurse him and feed him breastmilk exclusively for 6 months and I did it! Yay to me! I'm so proud of myself because there were so many times when I just wanted to stop and call it quits... not so much nursing him, but more for just the pumping part of it... especially with having to do it at work... It's just so annoying to do... but with Jason's encouragement and support and also knowing that it's for the good of Jacob's health, I totally stuck through it! Whoohoo!!
I actually told myself that after 6 months I'd stop pumping and just continue nursing until Jacob gets his chompers in, but I've just continued... I mean, I've already got a routine down, I might as well just keep going until I just don't have any milk to give him... Plus, we save money! My stash of frozen milk IS depleting though, so soon enough we're going to have to supplement with formula...
And as far as nursing, I've really come to enjoy it as my bonding time with my baby boy..Once he gets his chompers, that will be it for me though, hahaha. I'm sure when the time comes, I'll really miss that special bonding time. Plus, I'll miss the convenience of it - not having to bring bottles or formula wherever we go, just ME! LOL
Mann, just like there's a push gift, there should be a nursing gift and for however months you save on buying formula, that's how much your gift should be! LMAO!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment