2/01/2010

First Week

Last week was my first full week alone with Jacob and it was great! I thought I'd have a hard time being alone, but it helped that I had great friends and family to come over and keep me company (thanks Lani, Mark, Angela, Cil, and Let!). Time actually goes by pretty fast from the time Jason leaves to the time he comes home... I guess because when Jason leaves for work, we're still sleeping for a couple hours :) I've also been able to put him down for long periods of time and get a lot of stuff done with the house and with preparing for his baptism... There's definitely a lot of stuff to do in the house to keep me busy!

ALSO, two other big mommy milestones...

1. I took Jacob out on my own to where???? To go SHOPPING! Hahaha... I went to Nordstrom Rack... it was a short shopping trip and he was such a good baby.. He totally slept the whole time! I was so proud of myself for loading him and unloading him in the car and for taking him out on the stroller. I really need to cherish and take advantage of these sleepy baby times! Now, I know I have the ability to take him out on my own, which can be kinda dangerous because that just means more shopping, hahaha.

2. I used the baby bjorn and put him in all by myself!! Now I have one other thing to use to calm him down besides the swing, the bouncer and my cha-cha moves, hahaha.... I thought it would be difficult to put him in, but it wasn't so bad.. And the moment I put him in for the first time, he was OUT. lol. Maybe for my next mommy goal, I can try to put him in a sling...

Oh, the joys of parenthood... Every day is always different and there's always something new to learn :)

Happy 8 weeks, Jacob!

2 comments:

dawn marie said...

YAY! isn't freedom great?

Angela said...

Yee! It was fun playing with him last week!