Yesterday the New Moon came out, and we finally moved in... YAY!!!!
I had told my mom a few days back that the new moon was coming out on August 20 and that was when we would be moving out, but for whatever reason (maybe I told her when she was too concentrated on her TFC soaps, hahah) she totally forgot. Our conversation went like this as we were packing the rest of our stuff:
Mom: "Are you guys moving out tomorrow?"
Me: "Uhhh... It's the new moon today, we're moving out right now."
Mom: "What? I thought it was tomorrow?"
Me: "I told you it was August 20 and that we were moving out today..."
Mom: "IOh, I forgot. Are you sure it's today? How do you know?"
Me: "I checked the internet like you told me to."
Mom: "Just move in tomorrow"
Me: "But the new moon is today? What was the point in waiting if we're not going to move in on a new moon?"
Mom: "Well, it's OK... as look as the moon is going up."
Me: "What?! You never told me that!! MOM... you told us to move on THE DAY of the new moon and we waited for this day so we're going to move out...You're the one that said its bad luck if we don't move in on a new moon"
And then my Dad sidebusts by saying ..."They want to move in today... just let them..." (hahahahah) So she concedes to us moving in... but as we're packing she actually turns on her laptop to double check on the internet that the new moon was in fact August 20.... Hahahaha. MUN!!!
So yeah, we finally moved the rest of our stuff into our house... It wasn't much. Just a carload of clothes and toiletries and my parents helped us move it in. Of course my mom asked us to bring rice and salt into the house (another filipino tradition) which we did a long time ago. Now we just gotta get it blessed! I just have no idea WHEN cuz September is kinda busy for us... EEEK.
Anyway, it was great to finally BE IN... We got major work to do in the house... like MAJOR.... and we still need major appliances, too... like a microwave and a washer/dryer! YIKES! We also need to clean HARDCORE... and I'm seriously thinking about hiring someone to just freakin deep clean the house, which we should've done before moving in...but $ is kinda tight right now so maybe I can get my mama to help, LOL .... Hopefully in time, it will all come together eventually.....
At least we're finally in .....
YES.
1 comment:
hahahah...moms was tryin he hardest to keep you as long as she can. internet checks and everythang! LOL
Post a Comment