"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." - Buddha
4/01/2009
Staged Neighborhood
On my way home, I heard this story on NPR and I just could NOT believe it! It's basically about realtors who stage an entire neighborhood just to sell a house! They go to the extreme of hiring actors to be neighbors, hiring people to walk dogs, hiring children to play in the yards, etc. etc.... What's even crazy is that they will have these "neighbors" invite the prospective buyers to a little league game that's actually also staged by hiring a little league team from another town!! WTH? They even stage church services!! OMG! CAH-RAZY!! Unfortunately, people HAVE fallin for this and once they move in, they realize their neighborhood is nothing but a ghost town. SUCKS. Wouldn't you think this was freakin FRAUD? MUN. I would hella try to sue.... but apparently it isn't. Sucks to be the guy that was interviewed for this segment... He must feel hella moded. He now lives in a neighborhood that's completely deserted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment