4/27/2009

30.

OK. So I know I'm bloggin about my birthday HELLLLA late, but whatever. Better late than never! It's my 30th so I can't NOT blog it!! LOL

I had a few events:

1. It started with a birthday surprise dinner with my bestfriends at Lot's house.... Came around 6:30 p.m. and found Lot's house to be beautifully decorated as if we were in a frikkin restaurant! It was great... Champagne was popped, the appetizers had placecards.. WE HAD placecards on the table... and we all had a parting gift which were white tulips in a glass vase. SO SO SO pretty... And the food.. OH MY. I can't believe all the effort they put into the food. It was just crazy!! Of course, we ended the night with Phase 10. Unfortunately, I lost and Mookie won.. but it's ok, cuz it was her first time. Plus she deserved it for all the food she cooked. LOL!!

2. On my actual birthday, it was pretty sad being at work, because NO ONE was there, but ...I was treated out to lunch by Brian and Archie!! HELLA GOOD!! I hella would've settled for free Google food, but they actually came and picked me up and we had Thai. Later on in the evening, I had dinner w/ Jason, my parents and my sister-in-law and her family. As usual, we had our family birthday dinner at Gerry's and it was fun, too... AJ and Emmalie were with us so that always makes it fun. Kids LOVE celebrating birthdays, especially the blowing the candles part. LOL

3. The last event was with my friends and fam at Chevy's.... We had the back patio reserved and had it catered. Thank GOD we ordered enough food! It was cool because Mookie and Nette decorated the place and Jason even got a pinata!!! It was awesome to celebrate with all my close friends and family.... It was fun! I'm so glad we chose to throw the party at Chevy's... It was hella chill and that was exactly what I wanted (is that the 30 talking in me? LOL)

So yeah - I have definitely embraced 30. After having all these gatherings, it made me realize how much I am loved and I am truly blessed to have so many great friends and family in my life..... It's only been about 18 days, but I'm excited for what this year will bring!!! Exciting stuff!!!!

P.S. Pictures of the parties are on Phanfare!

2 comments:

Oliver said...

Hi Joy...30 is really not that bad. I'm going to try to make the top 10 of your commenters list.

Brian B said...

SNE dude. Spiciest Noodles Ever.