Jason and I were watching The Philippine Star Ballroom Nat'l competition and some couple from Russia (I think?) danced to a song called Waray-Waray. It was a pretty cool song that sounded like it was sung by someone American cuz there some talking in between in English... Anyway, it sounded like a good song to do a dance routine for the dance concert or for colorguard... hahaha. You know, THOSE kinda songs.... Anyway, it made me want to research the song, so I googled for "Waray Waray" and found that the song that they danced to was sung by Eartha Kitt, the lady who sings that famous Christmas song "Santa Baby" ... Crazy!!! Pretty interesting. The song was actually based on a movie called Waray Waray back in 1954, so I'm kinda curious as to why this African American lady would even consider to sing this song for her album?!? As I was searching for this "Waray Waray" song, I happened to see a few pictures of her.... and just right now I hella thought of the movie Boomerang (hella old!) and how there was that one old ass lady who Eddie Murphy did it with, LMAO.... She was all tickling Eddie Murphy with her foot on the bed... LOL. I only remember this because it was showing on TV not too long ago... Anyway, so I decided to go back online and IMDB her and whaddya know... She was freakin Lady Elouise in Boomerang, HAHAHAHAHAH... mun..... I KNEW IT!! She just has this distinct deep voice. I had a feeling it was her!!
Anyway, if you wanna hear Eartha Kitt's rendition of Waray Waray, you can find it on You Tube. She speaks Waray like she came from PI! You would never think she was African American... Pretty impressive!
No comments:
Post a Comment