3/23/2009

Introducing Book Clique!

About two months ago, with the help of Christine and Rizzi, I started up a virtual book club called Book Clique. I wanted to test it out in February but by March, we invited a whole bunch of people to join.... Anyway, there are now 11 members and so far with our second book (Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella) we have 5 reviews! Pretty good! I was a little worried that no one would really commit, but 5 people actually reading and reviewing the book is good enough for me!! LOL. Anyway, what's great about this virtual book club is that there is no commitment... A new book gets chosen at the first of the month, but there's no obligation to finish the previous book by that time because we're not actually meeting to discuss the book... You pretty much go at your own pace and write a review of the book when you can. The reviews are supposed to be sort of an online discussion about the book and what we thought about it, so we'll see how it all works out as time goes by.... Anyway, I'm really excited about this book club.... and I hope it carries on for a while!

If anyone is interested in joining, let me know!!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi joy! I want to join!!

Anonymous said...

I would totally do it, but school takes up a lot of my time right now. Maybe when I'm already a nurse. Damn.. gotta wait one more year. The book clique should be poppin by then! ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Sharon - I'll add you as an author today! Just check the website for when it will be your turn to choose a book. Also subscribe to the blog so you know when the next book is posted (4/1/09).

Judee - Just let me know when you're ready to join!

Monsta Jones said...

nerds alerds!