2/11/2009

Property Tax Reassesment

Today I received a letter from some Property Tax Reassesment company. I got something from them a few months back but totally ignored it because it just didn't seem legit. This time, their letter had a service fee of $179 AND a late of $30! OMG! It looked pretty legit this time and by the tone of the letter, it sounded like I needed to do this pronto!!! The letter did put a disclaimer that it wasn't a governmental agency and that I didn't have to hire them so I was a little hesitant about sending them a bill... ESPECIALLY FOR $179!!! Here I am trying to save money for 2009 and this random ass bill comes in for $179!!! Ahhh HELL! Jason told me to check them out online and when I googled "Property Tax Reassesment" the first thing that comes up is a watchdog blog saying that these letters are a scam and not to fall for it because counties do reassesments for free!!! OH MUN!! THANK GOD I didn't fall for this ish and pay $179!! I would've been HELLA MODED and HELLA SAD...

2 comments:

R. Pali said...

yeah, there are actually companies who do this for home owners, but i heard that as of last year...i believe a law was passed for Alameda County to automatically reassess home values. Keep an eye on the amount cuz they might assess it at a higher value...if that's the case, you can always challenge the amount directly with the assessors office....uuuuaaaggh! didnt think i had that in me huh?

dawn marie said...

oh dude! i get those too! i need to tell B...thanks for the heads up!